About the Spiral Way
Since 2005, I’ve had the honor of accompanying individuals, groups & communities as we tend to the soul, wrestle with faith and doubt, deepen spiritual practice and living.
It is a deep joy to minister to diverse communities and people who come from different racial/ethnic backgrounds, class/economic experiences, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, religious affiliations and/or spiritual paths. For me the glory of God, the delight of the Divine, the elegance of the universe is expressed through, with, and in our diverse and complex selves.
My ministry is rooted in the ancient wisdom and commitments of the Christian tradition:
- radical hospitality and welcome
- love of God, self, neighbor, enemies
- seeking and doing justice
- honoring the sacredness of all creation
It is also informed by my experiences with the varied and rich world religious and spiritual traditions.
Because I take your soul care & spiritual life seriously, these practices have prepared me and hold me accountable in this work:
Education & Training
- Masters of Divinity from Pacific School of Religion at the Graduate Theological Union
- Masters of Education in Counseling & Human Development at St. Lawrence University
- Certificate in Interfaith Spiritual Direction from the Chaplaincy Institute for Arts & Interfaith Ministries
- Mindfulness Meditation education, training and practice in the Vipassana (Insight) Buddhist tradition since 1998
- peer supervision with experienced spiritual direction colleagues
- vocational, spiritual, personal support as 11 year member of racially diverse clergy group
- spiritual direction with my own spiritual guide
- member, since 2005, in Spiritual Directors International, the global professional association for spiritual directors
- tending, with attention and intention, to my own spiritual life, spiritual community and contemplative practices